Inverurie Music AGM
Sat 7th October 2017
7pm at St Mary’s Episcopal Church Hall, Inverurie
Present: Margaret Bremner, Ian Clark, John Hearne, Dionne McMorran, Sylvia Munro, Mr and Mrs Neil Macleod and daughter Louise
Apologies: Alistair Massey, Mike Radcliffe, Nora Radcliffe, Lessel Rennie.
1. Minutes of Last Meeting:
- Taken as read
2. Matters Arising:
- Taken as read
3. Treasurer’s Report:
- Sylvia issued copies of the 2016-17 IM Accounts.
- In Alistair’s absence, John Hearne read Alistair’s Financial Report.
- Income – our efforts in programming resulted in a generous grant and g.a.l from EMS. Ticket sales increased by a third and links have been formed with the wider business community. Support for workshops has been recognised with generous help from the Garioch Lions and Aberdeenshire Educational Trust. The generous grant of £500 from the David and June Gordon Memorial Trust will be used to target improved publicity – Ian Clark has already begun this process by the use of social media.
- Expenditure – spending on musician’s fees and other expenses has been kept down to just over £3000. In most cases, provision of local hospitality has helped in keeping expenses to a minimum. Denys Wheatley has given support to IM by the help he has offered with the IM website. Late payments totalling £125 to EMS will be included in the financial year 2017-18.
- Overall situation – income exceeded expenditure last season by £380.63. The Grant of £2,500 from the Foyle Foundation will be included in the 2017-18 Season accounts.
- Alistair gave thanks for the support he has had from John and the IM Board in keeping him right and expressed special thanks to Lessel Rennie for examining the financial records.
4. Chairman’s Report:
- The opening concert of the 2016-17 Season was given by the Kapten Trio Kemnay Church Centre, with a highly successful workshop at Alford Academy beforehand.
- November saw a trumpet/organ recital at St Anne’s Episcopal Church, Kemnay: this included music from the 16th to the 21st centuries.
- In March the Bardic Trio performed at St Mary’s Episcopal Church, Inverurie, receiving a standing ovation.
- March saw a recital by Tunnell Trust winners the Attard/Zerafa Duo (saxophone/piano) at at Kemnay Church Centre.
- The final recital, given by the violin/guitar duo Duo Diez at the Acorn Centre, Inverurie proved to be an outstanding success, drawing in many new concert-goers.
- John acknowledged the tremendous help given to IM by Richard Mutch of Rose Lane Music and Arts Centre in designing and printing our publicity materials.
- He also expressed his gratitude to the rest of the IM Board for the way they have pulled together over the last few months.
- John concluded his report by reading out an email just received from the Maxwell Quartet who have recently won First Prize and the Audience Prize at the Trondheim International Chamber Music Competition. The Maxwells have been regular recitalists for IM.
John and Sylvia agreed to continue in their present roles as Chairman and Secretary respectively. Alistair has intimated that he will step down as Treasurer but will continue as a Board member and will help with Treasurer’s duties until a new Treasurer has been appointed. Ian Clark will continue to serve on the IM Board and has offered to do the job of interim Treasurer. Margaret Bremner was elected to the IM Board – proposed by Ian Clark and seconded by John Hearne.
6. Close of Meeting:
John thanked all for attending and declared the meeting closed.
Comments: no replies