Inverurie Music AGM
Sat 29th October 2016
7pm at Kemnay Church Centre
Present: John Hearne, Alistair Massey, Dionne McMorran, Sylvia Munro, Mike Radcliffe, Nora Radcliffe, Lessel Rennie.
- Minutes of Last Meeting:
- Taken as read.
- Matters Arising:
- The subscription leaflet has been re-designed following Nora’s suggestion at the last AGM.
- The Board are working on introducing a new category of Associate Membership following Lessel’s comments regarding low membership numbers.
- Treasurer’s Report:
Alistair issued copies of the 2015-16 IM Accounts.
- Income – Alistair commented favourably on the funding boost from EMS. Ticket sales and subscriptions were generally low in 2015-16, although the final concert of the season – Dick Lee’s Swingtet – was very well attended with quite a few new faces amongst the audience. The level of sponsorship last Season was lower than normal, perhaps due to the current economic climate. The provision of workshops by IM was recognised, with generous sponsorship given by the Garioch Lions and Aberdeenshire Educational Trust.
- Expenditure – Expenditure on fees and travel expenses was almost identical to the previous season. Advance planning and monitoring of opportunities have helped achieve the Board’s aims in providing both quality and efficiency throughout the 2015-16 Season. On most occasions, local hospitality has been offered and enjoyed by both the musicians and their hosts. Sylvia thanked Mike, Nora and Lessel for their help in this respect. Thanks was expressed by Alistair to Denys Wheatley for his generous help in taking over, updating and sponsoring the maintenance of the IM website in such an attractive style.
- Summing up – Although income fell by about £500 last season, this was offset by a generous grant of £750 from the David and June Gordon Memorial Trust, to be used for improving publicity. New Board member Ian Clark has been working on developing the use of social media and the internet to improve publicity. Alistair thanked John and other Board members for their help, with a special thanks to Lessel for examining the financial records.
- Chairman’s Report:
- John gave a brief summary of a successful 2015-16 Season which included recitals by Ivan Ilic, solo piano, who wishes to return in Oct 2018; the Maxwell String Quartet; Chris Baxter, solo piano (replacing the Djumash and Blair recital which was cancelled at short notice); Athenaeum Winds (quintet); and Dick Lee’s Swingtet (a virtuosic jazz group).
John, Alistair and Sylvia agreed to continue in their present roles as Chairman,
Treasurer and Secretary respectively. Ian Clark was elected onto the IM Board –
Ian has been working on publicity and audience building as well as helping with
- 6. Close of Meeting:
- John thanked all involved for their efforts.
Comments: no replies