Now just two days away!
Please note that this concert takes place on Friday 4th March and not on a Saturday which is more usual for Inverurie Music Concerts.
The programme for this concert is available as a flip book here. There has been a change to the original programme with Prokofiev’s Sonata in D major for solo violin, Op. 115 replacing his Five Melodies for violin and piano.
Many people will remember that these internationally acclaimed artists gave an outstanding performance in Inverurie in 2019. We are very fortunate that they are returning to Aberdeenshire to perform again.
For those who do not have an Inverurie Music Subscription, tickets for the concert are available on Eventbrite and at Butterfly Fabrics, 48 West High Street, Inverurie.
Please buy tickets in advance of the concert to keep queuing at the entrance to a minimum. Tickets cost £12 for general admission and are free for those in full-time education and for those receiving disability or low-income benefits.
Prokofiev: Sonata in D major for solo violin, Op. 115
Prokofiev: Romeo & Juliet Suite for violin and piano (arr. Lidia Baich)
Prokofiev: Cinderella Suite for violin and piano
Beethoven: Sonata for violin and piano in C minor, No.7, Op.30
Lana Trotovšek – https://lanaviolin.com
Since her debut with the Mariinsky Theatre Orchestra under Valery Gergiev in 2012, Lana Trotovšek appeared with some of the world’s finest orchestras. In 2014, she toured with the Moscow Soloists and Yuri Bashmet and in 2016 she performed Prokofiev’s Violin Concerto No.1 with the London Symphony Orchestra under Gianandrea Noseda. Her highlights in 2019 include Tchaikovsky violin concerto with the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra under Rafael Payare, Mendelssohn violin concerto with the RTS Symphony Orchestra in the Shanghai Oriental Arts Centre and an evening recital at the Wigmore Hall. Lana lives in London and is a professor at Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance.
Maria Canyigueral – http://mariacanyigueral.co.uk
Maria Canyigueral has attracted a devoted following of her worldwide concert itineraries. After undergraduate studies at the Conservatori del Liceu in Barcelona with Michel Wagemans, she attained a Master of Arts in Performance from the Royal Academy of Music in London, studying with Sulamita Aronovsky. Maria has performed in Spain, the UK, Japan, Belgium, Slovenia and France. Recent highlights include solo recitals at Palau de la Música Catalana in Barcelona and at Fundación Juan March in Madrid, and recitals at the Wigmore Hall and at Ljubljana Festival with violinist Lana Trotovšek. Maria has recently been appointed artistic director at a new chamber music series in Barcelona.
Important Covid-19 information for the concert on 4th March 2022:
- Please do not attend if you have symptoms of Covid-19, if you have been told by Test and Protect to self-isolate, or if you have had a recent positive Covid-19 test.
- Lateral Flow Device tests are available to order online, and they can be obtained at many community pharmacies. Please consider taking a test before attending the concert.
- As this is an indoor event, face coverings are required for this concert.
- There are no mandated physical distancing requirements but you may wish to keep some distance from others who are not in your household.
- Please clean your hands when you arrive – hand sanitiser and masks will be available if required.
- Inverurie Music will collect names and contact details from those attending for contact tracing purposes. This information will be retained for 21 days.