If you have missed being part of an audience and listening to live music, this concert is just what you need!
Bring picnics and folding chairs and come along to Castle Fraser for some outdoor summer music from the ACO Quartet and some talented young musicians who received awards from the Inverurie Music Award Scheme in 2020.
The concert will raise funds for the Inverurie Music Award Scheme. Awards from this scheme go to young musicians from four local schools to support their musical activities. Tickets cost £12 and there is free entry for children. £5 from each ticket sale will go to the Inverurie Music Award Scheme 2021 fund.
To help reduce queues at the entrance, please buy tickets in advance from Eventbrite or from Novello Gifts, 29 West High Street, Inverurie.
Concert programme information
Lydia Cooke (flute) playing Debussy: Syrinx, J S Bach: Partita in A minor, and Astor Piazzolla: Tango Etude No. 3
Lydia Cooke and Faith Woolsey (flute) playing Mozart: Adagio from the Flute Quartet in D and Giuseppe Gariboldi: 2 duets from Six Petits Duos
Ife Akiode (clarinet) playing Paul Reade: Summer (from The Victorian Kitchen Garden Suite), Faure: Pavane, Cecilia McDowall: Music Hall, and Johnny Mandell: And the Shadow of Your Smile (arr. Oliver Ledbury)
Hannah Reid (trumpet) playing Percy Code: Zelda (1st movement), Mack Gordon and Harry Warren: Chattanooga Choo-Choo, Peter Graham: Doyle’s Lament and Pam Wedgewood: Tequila Sunrise and Ragamuffin
The ACO Quartet comprises key people from the Aberdeen Chamber Orchestra – Gareth John, Jean Fletcher, Aden Mazur and Alexandria Grant.
The concert programme offers lots of variety from the ACO Quartet – including Haydn’s String Quartet Op.3 No. 5 in F major, J S Bach’s Double Violin Concerto in D minor (arranged by William Zinn), as well as popular works from Cole Porter, Richard Rogers and Teddy Bor (the last of these being a delightful McMozart fusion!).
Inverurie Music would like to thank Chamber Music Scotland who provided specific support for this concert from the CMS Transition Fund.
Important Covid-19 information
The Scottish Government Coronavirus restrictions have reduced in recent weeks but some important features remain. Please take note of the information outlined below:
- Inverurie Music is required to collect contact tracing information from those attending the event and to hold this information for 21 days. If tickets are obtained from Eventbrite, you will be asked to provide this information during the booking process. Tickets obtained from Novello Gifts will have space on the back of the ticket for these details. Please write your name and contact details on the back of the ticket in advance of arriving at the concert and hand them to the ticket collector at the entrance.
- Please do not attend if you have symptoms of Covid-19, if you have been told by Test and Protect to self-isolate, or if you have had a positive Covid-19 test.
- Lateral Flow Device tests are available to order online, and they can be obtained at many community pharmacies. Please consider taking a test before attending the concert.
- As this is an outdoor concert, face coverings are not mandatory. Please bring a face covering for use in indoor areas (e.g. toilets/cafe).
- Please keep a distance of 2m from others who are not in your household, and use hand sanitiser to clean your hands.